Lifetrients Child ProBio 25
Broad-Spectrum Probiotic Support for Children
Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 is a high-potency probiotic supplement specifically formulated to support gastrointestinal, immune, and oral health of children two years of age and older.
for your child today.
- How It Works
- What Parents
- Frequently Asked
- Supplement Facts
Normal maturation of the gastrointestinal and immune system is highly dependent upon development of a healthy balance of bacterial microorganisms in the digestive tract. However, children’s immune systems, though not fully developed, are continuously challenged by infectious microbes in schools and daycare centers, allergens and irritants in foods, chemical toxins, and overuse of medications such as antibiotics which, in turn, disrupts a healthy balance of beneficial bacteria. Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 contains select probiotics to restore and maintain a normal balance of healthful microorganisms across the entire digestive tract to support healthy gastrointestinal and immune system function.
Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 is intended for individuals who want a high degree of support to build a healthy balance of friendly intestinal flora.
Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 provides A Potent Total Probiotic Count. The potency of a probiotic formula is measured by the total CFU (colony-forming unit) count. This is determined by direct count of live bacterial cells capable of growth. Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 is a high-potency product providing a total probiotic count of 25+ billion CFU’s per capsule. Lower potency products typically contain 1 to 3 billion CFU’s. The high-potency count supplied by Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 makes it an excellent choice for replenishing good bacteria quickly.
Normally, the human gastrointestinal tract is populated by hundreds of different strains of bacterial microflora important for healthy gastrointestinal function. However, modern Western diets lack the beneficial bacteria that are as important to health as any required vitamin or nutrient. Stress, disease, aging, exposure to toxins, or use of antibiotics and certain medications can reduce the numbers of beneficial bacteria and set the stage for digestive disorders, impaired immune function, increased allergic sensitivity, infection, and inflammation. Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 helps replenish and maintain the essential gastrointestinal microflora missing from the diet or disrupted by antibiotic therapy or other medications.
Lifetrients Child’s ProBio 25 contains select probiotics to restore and maintain a normal balance of healthful microorganisms across the entire digestive tract to support healthy gastrointestinal and immune system function.
Supports against diarrhea: The probiotic species in this product are antagonistic to microbes in the intestines such as Escherichia coli, Clostridium perfringes, and C. difficile often responsible for rotavirus diarrhea and other infections in children.
Regulates immune responses: Lifetrients Child’s ProBio 25 supplies substantial amounts of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium species critical for healthy development of a child’s immune system. The specific probiotics included also offer broad support for normal immune system function by enhancing immune responsiveness to pathogens while promoting immune tolerance to harmless dietary and environmental allergens.
For ease of use, Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 is available as a capsule (which may be pulled apart to blend in foods) or as a chewable.
Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 Capsule has been formulated to:
- Support gastrointestinal function: Many of the positive attributes of probiotics are species and strain dependent. Thus, taking just one or two strains may not be enough. The 12 safe, well-studied probiotic lactic acid bacteria in Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 provide a broad-spectrum of benefits that help restore intestinal microbalance more effectively compared to single strain formulas. Six colonizing Lactobacillus strains important for the small intestine, four colonizing Bifidobacterium strains that normally reside in the gastrointestinal tract, and two beneficial transient bacteria used as starter cultures in yogurt, provide benefit thoughout the GI tract.
- Provide a protective delivery system: To be effective, the living organisms in probiotics must survive exposure to stomach acids as they travel to the small intestine and colon. Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 utilizes a proprietary technology that protect probiotics against destruction by harsh gastric conditions, resulting in significantly more live microorganisms delivered to the small intestine than unprotected probiotic formulations.
- Contain hypoallergenic ingredients: Probiotics used in are cultured on a proprietary vegetable-based growth media. Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 is free of the common allergens milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, corn, yeast, and soybeans. No sugar, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, artificial sweeteners, colors, flavors, salicylates, or preservatives are used. Inulin, a dietary fiber derived from chicory root, is used as a base ingredient in place of corn- or wheat-derived maltodextrin, often used in other probiotic supplements.
Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 Chewable has been formulated to:
- Support gastrointestinal function: Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 Chewable delivers large amounts of eight probiotic species to promote intestinal microflora balance. A healthy microflora balance is important to facilitate bowel regularity, modulate inflammatory responses within the gut, and promote normal intestinal barrier function.
- Provide additional benefit for oral health: Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 Chewable provides Lactobacillus species that normally reside in the oral cavity and help antagonize oral pathogens associated with cavities and gingivitis. And unlike ordinary sugars, use of xylitol, a natural sweetener, adds extra benefits for oral care as it has been shown to inhibit formation of plaque and cavities.
- Contain hypoallergenic ingredients: Probiotics used in Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 Chewable are cultured on proprietary vegetable-based growth media free of common allergens including milk/casein, wheat/gluten, peanuts, egg, and soy. No artificial sweeteners, coloring, flavors, or preservatives are used.
Questions from Parents
- What is the difference between the Complete and the Chewable and why would a parent want to choose one over the other?
- The suggested use includes a statement about when taking antibiotics to take Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 several hours before or after. Why is this?
- When is the best time to take probiotics?
- How will I know if probiotics are working?
- Are there any side effects from taking probiotic supplements?
- Do I need to keep probiotics cold when traveling or away from home?
- Why are Lifetrients probiotics shipped with cold packs?
- What if the cold packs are not cold upon arrival of shipment?
- Have Lifetrients probiotics been tested for potency after shipment?
- What other steps are taken to ensure probiotic potency?
- How much activity might be lost when probiotics are not kept refrigerated?
What is the difference between the Complete and the Chewable and why would a parent want to choose one over the other?
Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 contains 4 additional strains of probiotics that were not suitable for a chewable wafer. If a child doesn’t mind swallowing capsules or having the contents blended with food, the the Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 capsule should be chosen. However, if a child prefers a chewable and will not swallow a capsule, then the chewable should be chosen. The chewable also offers oral benefits.
The suggested use includes a statement about when taking antibiotics to take Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 several hours before or after. Why is this?
Antibiotics kill the probiotic species, so they should be taken separately.
When is the best time to take probiotics?
Health professionals and probiotic suppliers are often divided on this topic. Advocates of ingesting probiotics with meals reason that food buffers stomach acid, thereby providing protection and nutrients for the microorganisms. Those who recommend taking probiotics without food usually suggest consuming them with lots of water. Water dilutes the stomach acid and moves the organisms quickly into the intestines without subjecting them to high concentrations of digestive juices and bile. Few studies provide specific support for either approach. However, studies have administered probiotics with meals and have documented benefits. The most prudent approach is to consume probiotics with moderate amounts of food.
How will I know if probiotics are working?
If symptoms are present, a reduction or resolution of symptoms is the best indication probiotics have helped. Symptoms may take days or even weeks to improve and may even temporarily worsen depending on the individual’s response to the probiotics
Are there any side effects from taking probiotic supplements?
Probiotics help promote a more favorable balance of intestinal microorganisms by reducing populations of harmful, pathogenic bacteria. When pathogenic bacteria die, release of cellular debris and by-products may produce a “die-off” effect. Although rare, this effect may cause individuals to temporarily experience a worsening of symptoms which may include gas, abdominal discomfort, and even diarrhea. Persistence in taking probiotics is usually rewarded by an improvement in symptoms.
Do I need to keep probiotics cold when traveling or away from home?
If refrigeration is not available during traveling or in the workplace, it is usually fine to keep them outside the refrigerator for a week or two at a time. A supply of probiotics can be removed from the refrigerated stock bottle and put into a smaller container and carried in a purse or briefcase. Generally, if an individual is personally comfortable at room temperature then the probiotics should maintain their full potency at these same temperatures during this time out of the refrigerator.
Why are Lifetrients probiotics shipped with cold packs?
Although Lifetrients probiotics will maintain their full potency for several weeks at room temperature without refrigeration, we include cold packs during shipment to keep the probiotics cold and protected for most of their journey. This helps prevent excessive exposure to high heat during their travels so that they arrive at maximum potency.
What if the cold packs are not cold upon arrival of shipment?
In most cases, the cold packs will not stay frozen or remain cold during the full time in transit. Even if the cold packs are completely thawed and the product is no longer cold, the probiotics have excellent stability during the short time that they are exposed to ambient temperatures. The cold packs and foil-lined bags do their job of keeping the probiotics cool during the majority of the time in shipment. Thus, the chance of prolonged exposure to high temperatures that might affect potency is avoided.
Have Lifetrients probiotics been tested for potency after shipment?
Yes, tests verify that our packaging and shipping methods are appropriate for maintaining product potency. All Lifetrients probiotics are tested upon completion of manufacturing to verify full potency and then kept under refrigeration until ready for shipment. Tests on our probiotics that have arrived at their destination warm with thawed ice packs have verified that potency is not aversely affected.
What other steps are taken to ensure probiotic potency?
All Lifetrients probiotics are formulated with “overages” as extra insurance that they maintain the full potency stated on our labels throughout the expiration date under the typical shipping, storage, and handling conditions encountered. By including higher potencies of microorganisms than stated on the label at time of manufacture, small losses of activity that may occur over time are insignificant.
How much activity might be lost when probiotics are not kept refrigerated?
Probiotics have greater stability at room temperature than generally realized and can be maintained for several weeks with minimal loss of 5% or less. However, loss in potency would be accelerated over time. That is why it is best to maintain probiotic supplements under refrigeration, as this offers the optimal conditions favoring long-term potency and viability.
Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 can be used on a daily basis by children over the age of two and may be particularly suitable for children with intestinal dysbiosis, increased intestinal permeability (“leaky gut”), food allergies, eczema, or gastrointestinal complaints such as diarrhea, constipation or abdominal pain.
Suggested Use for Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 Chewable:
Chew 1 tablet daily preferably 30-60 minutes after a meal for the first week. In week 2, increase to 2 tablets daily 30-60 minutes after a meal.
Suggested Use for Lifetrients Child ProBio 25 Capsule:
Take one capsule a day with a meal for the first week. In week 2, increase to 2 capsules daily consumed with meals. Capsule may be pulled apart and nutrients taken separately.
The powder is tasteless (may have a mild vanilla flavor) and can be mixed into your child’s favorite foods. You may:
- Mix in pudding, yogurt, or applesauce
- Stir into juice, smoothies, or chocolate milk
- Mix into peanut butter or spaghetti sauce
- Mix into ice cream
This product was made in a GMP and ISO 9001:2008 registered facility.